Tuesday, March 8, 2022

The Mountains Are Calling Me


I do like to take photographs. I do not have an eye for photography. I will still take photographs. I like to take pictures of things that catch my eye or a particular view that appeals to me. I take a lot pf pictures now because I can. This one is one of my favorites:



Taking pictures allows me to revisit these places in my mind. Most often, these are memories of good times. Not necessarily "as planned on" times, but plans are made to be changed. I cannot think of a trip I have taken that was completely as planned and did not have some one thing go otherwise. Stuff happens. Roll with it. 

This one is another favorite. You might detect that I do like to shoot scenery. The mountains mean an awful lot to me. Growing up I spent a generous portion of my life in the mountains. Both my parents enjoyed being out in the wild and I got my appreciation for high places from them.

Growing up, film and processing were a cost that impacted taking pictures. Slides were an option but then you also had to invest in a projector. And then the time for set up and tear down. Watching slides was an event. I always have loved looking through photo albums. With current technology one can share images and video either by sending media via email or sharing access via a web page. 

Another set of pictures that I took tell the story of a sunset. These images were taken just as the sun was setting, mere seconds apart. It was a cloudy evening and several people had gathered to watch the sunset. At first we were not even sure we would be able to view the sunset due to the low clouds. Some people left because they did not think that the viewing was going to take place or be worth the wait. I am so glad that I decided to stay. These images were accompanied by sighs and exclamations of those that did stay. Quiet murmurs of appreciation. Spell-bound by the sight, and I wish my pics did justice to the event:











“The mountains are calling and I must go.” - John Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment