Sunday, April 8, 2012

Funny or not?

I'm saying no.


I haven't really had a lot of funny going on lately. At least not for me. Fleeting moments, briefly humorous but gone to quickly. I don't like to be this way - it's hard to live that way. Much harder than having a sense of humor.


I'm trying to be better about it.


Sometimes, the battle to be not un-funny is harder than you think. If you've read my other posts you already know that there I have a few employees that go out of their way to make things unpleasant for me (as well as other staff) and there are some other outside influences that are called "life" as well. Some of these struggles are major and possibly life altering. Some are just plain petty and childish.


The struggle to meet obligations (family, monetary, personal) and 
keeping the balance of work and personal life takes a toll. Even more so when the battles come from all sides and from people who you would think to be either on your side or at least who would show you the courtesy of professional respect.


I've restarted this post three times now because each time I seem to have headed towards vindictiveness. Since it's getting that way, I think I'm just going to cut this short. I'd like to get back to being funny.


Maybe by just avoiding being un-funny I can do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment