Monday, April 2, 2012

Thanks for reminding me.

I am sure that you have noticed that I've been writing more. I am trying to be a more productive blogger and be more regular with my entries. One of my blogging idols recently finished a blog-a-day year and while I don't know if I can compete with that, I am going to attempt to at least be more regular with my entries.


Another reason I want to do this is that I received a call at work from a friend and at the end of the call, bless her, she took the time to compliment me on my writings and suggested that I keep writing. To you, C, I owe at least part of this increase in my efforts.


And, I owe you my thanks. Too many times people think nice things, but not often say them and that's just wrong. I've known C for many years; we have worked together and she's always had nothing but kindness to share. She's that type of person.


Another person I would like to thank is J. (Yes, I know I am leaving out their names. Privacy is something I won't steal from them.) I've known J since we were in elementary school together, which translates to a long time. I am a lot older, but J hasn't aged nearly as much as I have. Thanks to social media and the blessings of reuniting with friends and family. J and I shared a few words one night discussing some of the unpleasantness in our lives. The support she shared was a beautiful surprise and, quite literally, warmed my heart and spirit.


I don't know who I write for, maybe just for myself. I see by my page views that spreading the word out on Facebook and Twitter is working. I guess I'll see what happens. If the readership continues, then maybe there really is some value to this other than me stretching my fingers on the keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment