Sunday, January 29, 2023

Home Is Where The Heart Is

I heard the phrase “Home is where the heart is” on the way to work this morning, and it made me think for a minute. There have been many times that my actual home was where my heart was, but that has not been the case for a long time. I love where I am living now. I have great neighbors and a quiet neighborhood. I am close to my mountains. And while I have made it very comfortable, I could walk away for a good reason.

Some days I am looking for a good reason more than others.

Where, or what, is your heart? Are you able to find it? Are you able to share it?

Are you willing to share it? Would you want to share it?

Is you heart a place, or a thing, or a person?

Where, I might ask, do you want it to be?

As a child, my whole world was my home and my parents. The extended family was always there (ish) but mom and dad were constants. Later, as we got the opportunities to travel a little, I realized that my parents were my world. I could go anywhere and be happy as long as I was with my parents. I learned years later that one must truly make their own home. You have to place your heart where you want home to be. And sometimes, you have to take your heart and find a new home. But you make it what you want it to be. You fill it with what makes you happy. And, if you are lucky, you find someone that will help you make it happy. Even luckier, you find someone that wants you to help make their home happy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment