Thursday, January 19, 2023

One Day At A Time

 I realize that a lot of my posts sound as though I am completely down and out, that I am in a completely dissociative state, but I would like to offer that I use my blog to vent a lot. I do  not like to use it only for negative thoughts so I really do make an attempt to post good things as well. I suspect that I, like many others, find that I will live in the moment when things are up. I would rather live in the happy than risk losing it as I stop to note it online.


I have what I call “Thank You” moments. Moments where I make a conscious effort to thank God, the gods, Spirit, whomever, for the moment I am experiencing. Yesterday I had one such moment. Before I started my day, I was sitting in the death chair (a chair I obtained after someone had died), and Dougall was sitting with me. He was sleeping that completely relaxed, boneless sleep of pure contentment. Siobhan was snoring under one of her blankets (all of the blankets in the house are hers…) and I had a blue blanket a friend had made for me for Christmas a few years ago thrown over my lap. 


And suddenly, time just stopped. Liminal space. That space between heartbeats. And just that quickly I knew I needed to be thankful. I needed to recognize that there are glorious tidings in the world. That was one of them


And then, my heart beat once again, then again, and then started to keep rhythm once more. Maybe a little slower pace, maybe greater at peace.


I reminded myself that I need to remember to see these moments. I reminded myself that one day at a time works. If not one day, then one hour. If not one hour, one minute. 


I wish you peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment